Garmin Striker 4cv Review ! with Transducer
Fish-finding sonars have revolutionized the fishing industry and anglers can now cast knowing the location of the fishes. That’s where this Garmin Striker 4cv review is coming from. Garmin is one of the most popular names in the fishing world and they have a wide variety of advanced equipment to make the fishing expedition smooth and effective.
When the fish finders first entered the market the price was sky-high. Eventually, the scenario has changed and nowadays these are available at quite a budget-friendly price. The Garmin Striker 4cv has excellent features that will help you catch fishes with ease. Let’s have an in-depth look at the features of the Garmin Striker 4cv.
The Features of Garmin Striker 4cv
Display: 3.5-inch, 480x320 resolution, LED backlight
Other Features: Advanced ClearVu technology, CHIRP sonar, and dual frequency
Depth: 830-feet in saltwater and1750-feet in freshwater
GPS: up to 5000 waypoints
Garmin Striker Plus 4cv - Features in Details
If you’re looking for a fish-finder with a clear display then you’re in for a treat. The Garmin Striker 4cv comes with a bright and colorful 3.5-inch screen. The color display includes high sensitivity CHIRP sonar and ClearVu technology that help you to read the ratings clearly.
The colors are quite vibrant and LED backlight will help you see the readings in all sorts of lighting conditions. Using the GPS you can mark the hotspots so that you can come back later. You can avail of previous data right on the display using this feature. Considering the price, it’s one of the best find-finders out there in terms of display.
The Garmin Striker 4cv has a simple and compact design. It'll not occupy much space in your bag and you'll be easily carrying it around. It weighs 230g with a dimension of 91.6 x 150.8 x 42.8 cm. So, even if you’re a heavy-packer, you can easily slide it off in your bag due to its small and compact size.
Youtube Video Credit Brian Richard
Despite being a budget-friendly fish-finder, the Garmin Striker 4cv comes with GPS technology. The integrated GPS module the exact location of the fishes and calculates the speed you need to cast the bait. It also features a waypoint map that helps you navigate around the water.
The high sensitivity GPS allows you to track locations. Using its advanced technology, you can mark the locations and track them back on your next trip.
One of the most innovative features of this fish-finder is the CHIRP sonar that gives you a continuous range of frequencies that gives you enough data to target the fishes easily. This feature comes in very handy for ice fishing and jigging.
What differentiates the CHIRP sonar from the regular sonar is the high-frequency transducer. This provides a frequency level of 77/200 kHz that provides a higher level of clarity. This advanced sonar sends a sweep of frequencies, both high and low, and interprets the result to get a clearer result.
The networking and connectivity features of the Garmin Striker 4cv is a bit on the downside. It doesn't have any additional slots for inserting the micro SD card. So, you'll not be able to load the maps and charts on the device. It also doesn’t feature NMEA connectivity; therefore, give it a pass if networking and connectivity are your top priorities on a fish-finder.
- Compact and lightweight
- Bright display with LED backlight
- Feature ClearVu technology
- Includes GPS
- Helps to figure out the speed required to cast the bait
- Display depth and water temperature
- Can be easily read under sunlight
- Doesn’t come with any screen protection
- No micro SD card slot
- Is this fish-finder waterproof?
Ans: Yes, this fish-finder is IPX7 waterproof. It can easily endure water splashes and rain without hampering the performance of the device.
- Can I add maps on this device?
Ans: No, this device doesn’t support maps.
- Is it possible to fit the device in the pocket?
Ans: Yes, the Garmin Striker 4cv has a compact size with a weight of only 230g. You can easily fit this in your pocket.
- Does it include Bluetooth connectivity?
Ans: Unfortunately, this device doesn’t come with Bluetooth connectivity.
Proper maintenance and care is the key to extend the life of a device. We have come up with some maintenance simple maintenance routine that will help you use the device for years and help you make the most of your investment on it.
- Take off the battery or any additional attachments before you start with the cleaning process.
- Get a damp cloth or paper towel and clean the outer surface of the device. Fish-finders are generally waterproof so, don’t worry about damaging the device with water.
- Use any cleaning agent if the unit is excessively dirty. However, make sure you wipe off everything properly before storing the device.
- The display of the device should stay crystal clear so that you can have a proper look at the readings. Even though the display is waterproof, never run it under running water as that will have damaging effects on the device over time. Gently rub the display with a clean cloth and glass cleaner to get rid of the dirt.
- The transducer tends to gather algae and other microflora over time if it's on the boat for a long time. Clean the transducer regularly with water and soap to keep it away from microorganisms.
- Storage is extremely important when it comes to electrical appliances. When you're storing the fish-finder, make sure you keep it in a place away from direct sunlight and humid. Also, clean the outer body of the device with a dry cloth every few weeks even when it's not in use.
And that was our Garmin striker 4cv review. Garmin never fails to come up with innovative products without making a dent in your wallet. The Garmin Striker 4cv is loaded with outstanding features to make your fishing expedition a successful one.
With its advanced ClearVu technology and GPS you'll be easily able to locate the fishes and cast the bait at the right speed. You'll also be able to mark the hot spots with the GPS. Considering the pocket-friendly budget, it’s indeed a great choice for both professional and novice anglers.